HC grants bail to former PR director in solar scam
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday granted conditional bail to former state Public Relations director A Firoz, arrested on July 19 in connection with alleged solar scam.
Justice SS Sateeshchandran granted bail, noting that Firoz had already undergone detention for over six weeks.
The Judge directed Firoz to furnish a bail bond for Rs one lakh and two solvent surities for the likesome. He was also ordered to surrender his passport within one week before the jurisdictional magistrate.
Making it clear that he should not intimidate or influence any person related to the case, the court directed Firoz not to leave Thiruvananthapuram for four months. He should report before investigating officer on Mondays.
Firoz has been booked for introducing prime accused Saritha Nair and Biju to a builder in the city saying one of them was an official of the Asian Development Bank (ADB). The duo had duped the builder of Rs 40 lakh promising to secure a contract from ADB.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what