HC grants bail to former PR director in solar scam
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday granted conditional bail to former state Public Relations director A Firoz, arrested on July 19 in connection with alleged solar scam.
Justice SS Sateeshchandran granted bail, noting that Firoz had already undergone detention for over six weeks.
The Judge directed Firoz to furnish a bail bond for Rs one lakh and two solvent surities for the likesome. He was also ordered to surrender his passport within one week before the jurisdictional magistrate.
Making it clear that he should not intimidate or influence any person related to the case, the court directed Firoz not to leave Thiruvananthapuram for four months. He should report before investigating officer on Mondays.
Firoz has been booked for introducing prime accused Saritha Nair and Biju to a builder in the city saying one of them was an official of the Asian Development Bank (ADB). The duo had duped the builder of Rs 40 lakh promising to secure a contract from ADB.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi