HC grants bail to former PR Director in solar scam
Kochi: Kerala High Court late on Monday granted conditional bail to former state Public Relations Director A Firoz, arrested on July 19 in connection with alleged solar scam.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran granted bail, noting that Firoz had already undergone detention for over six weeks.
The Judge directed Firoz to furnish a bail bond for Rs one lakh and two solvent surities for the likesome. He was also ordered to surrender his passport within one week before the jurisdictional magistrate.
Making it clear that he should not intimidate or influence any person related to the case, the court directed Firoz not to leave Thiruvananthapuram for four months. He should report before investigating officer on Mondays.
Firoz has been booked for introducing prime accused Saritha Nair and Biju to a builder in the city saying one of them was an official of the Asian Development Bank (ADB). The duo had duped the builder of Rs 40 lakh promising to secure a contract from ADB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez