HC grants bail to one accused
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday granted bail to a CPI (M) activist, an accused in the Abdul Shukoor murder case, while it rejected the bail plea of another Marxist.
While granting bail to Ajit Kumar, Justice M K Balakrishnan turned down the plea of 13th accused Rajeevan.
Kumar was ordered to furnish a bond of Rs one lakh plus two solvent sureties for the like amount.
The judge said Kumar had completed 90 days in custody, the maximum detention limit without filing of chargesheet.
The state government had opposed the pleas of the two, saying if they were released on bail, it would affect investigation in the case.
Shukoor, a worker of the Muslim Students Front (MSF) was stabbed to death allegedly by CPI(M) workers on Feb 20 last at Keezhara Ariyil in Thaliparambu in Kannur district. The incident was said to be sequel to a clash between IUML and CPI (M).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar