HC grants permission to Italian marines` surety to go abroad
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday granted permission to one of the sureties for the two Italian marines facing murder charges for shooting to death two Indian fishermen to go abroad.
Jyothikumaran of Kollam, a businessman in Dubai, had sought the court`s permission to go abroad after a Kollam court turned down his plea.
The high court had on May 30 granted bail to the two marines -- Latore Massimilianio and Salvatore Girone -- on various conditions including the one that the two sureties should not leave the country without the court`s permission.
Relaxing the condition, Justice NK Balakrishnan permitted Jyothikumaran to go abroad till September 28.
The two marines were arrested from Italian merchant vessel Enrica Lexie on February 19 after they allegedly shot dead the fishermen off Kerala coast. They were released on bail on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!