HC grants permission to Italian marines` surety to go abroad
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday granted permission to one of the sureties for the two Italian marines facing murder charges for shooting to death two Indian fishermen to go abroad.
Jyothikumaran of Kollam, a businessman in Dubai, had sought the court`s permission to go abroad after a Kollam court turned down his plea.
The high court had on May 30 granted bail to the two marines -- Latore Massimilianio and Salvatore Girone -- on various conditions including the one that the two sureties should not leave the country without the court`s permission.
Relaxing the condition, Justice NK Balakrishnan permitted Jyothikumaran to go abroad till September 28.
The two marines were arrested from Italian merchant vessel Enrica Lexie on February 19 after they allegedly shot dead the fishermen off Kerala coast. They were released on bail on June 2.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh