HC grants permission to Italian marines` surety to go abroad
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday granted permission to one of the sureties for the two Italian marines facing murder charges for shooting to death two Indian fishermen to go abroad.
Jyothikumaran of Kollam, a businessman in Dubai, had sought the court`s permission to go abroad after a Kollam court turned down his plea.
The high court had on May 30 granted bail to the two marines -- Latore Massimilianio and Salvatore Girone -- on various conditions including the one that the two sureties should not leave the country without the court`s permission.
Relaxing the condition, Justice NK Balakrishnan permitted Jyothikumaran to go abroad till September 28.
The two marines were arrested from Italian merchant vessel Enrica Lexie on February 19 after they allegedly shot dead the fishermen off Kerala coast. They were released on bail on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch