HC grants permission to Italian marines` surety to go abroad
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday granted permission to one of the sureties for the two Italian marines facing murder charges for shooting to death two Indian fishermen to go abroad.
Jyothikumaran of Kollam, a businessman in Dubai, had sought the court`s permission to go abroad after a Kollam court turned down his plea.
The high court had on May 30 granted bail to the two marines -- Latore Massimilianio and Salvatore Girone -- on various conditions including the one that the two sureties should not leave the country without the court`s permission.
Relaxing the condition, Justice NK Balakrishnan permitted Jyothikumaran to go abroad till September 28.
The two marines were arrested from Italian merchant vessel Enrica Lexie on February 19 after they allegedly shot dead the fishermen off Kerala coast. They were released on bail on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends