HC nod to Virtual Queue System at Sabarimala
Kochi: Permitting online booking for
darshan, Kerala High Court on Tuesday gave its nod to introduce
Virtual Queue system at the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa
The order was issued by a Division Bench comprising
Justices Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and C T Ravikumar on a
petition filed by Additional DGP (South Zone) P
The court permitted the police to introduce online
booking for darshan at Sabarimala.
The petitioner had sought permission seeking to proceed
with the implementation of Virtual Queue System on an
According to the new system, pilgrims can choose date and
time for joining the queue at Valiyanada pandal at Sannidhanam
(sanctum sanctorum) for ascending the holy 18 steps. This
facility is available only to 1000 pilgrims every hour when
the temple is open.
The bench directed that modulating the proposal for this
system will be carried out as may be instructed by ADGP.
The court also directed that public health and hygiene in
Pamba, Sannidhanam, Erumeli, Nilakkal and other places in
connection with pilgrimage shall be put under strict vigil.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling