HC nod to Virtual Queue System at Sabarimala
Kochi: Permitting online booking for
darshan, Kerala High Court on Tuesday gave its nod to introduce
Virtual Queue system at the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa
The order was issued by a Division Bench comprising
Justices Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and C T Ravikumar on a
petition filed by Additional DGP (South Zone) P
The court permitted the police to introduce online
booking for darshan at Sabarimala.
The petitioner had sought permission seeking to proceed
with the implementation of Virtual Queue System on an
According to the new system, pilgrims can choose date and
time for joining the queue at Valiyanada pandal at Sannidhanam
(sanctum sanctorum) for ascending the holy 18 steps. This
facility is available only to 1000 pilgrims every hour when
the temple is open.
The bench directed that modulating the proposal for this
system will be carried out as may be instructed by ADGP.
The court also directed that public health and hygiene in
Pamba, Sannidhanam, Erumeli, Nilakkal and other places in
connection with pilgrimage shall be put under strict vigil.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them