HC nod to Virtual Queue System at Sabarimala
Kochi: Permitting online booking for
darshan, Kerala High Court on Tuesday gave its nod to introduce
Virtual Queue system at the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa
The order was issued by a Division Bench comprising
Justices Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and C T Ravikumar on a
petition filed by Additional DGP (South Zone) P
The court permitted the police to introduce online
booking for darshan at Sabarimala.
The petitioner had sought permission seeking to proceed
with the implementation of Virtual Queue System on an
According to the new system, pilgrims can choose date and
time for joining the queue at Valiyanada pandal at Sannidhanam
(sanctum sanctorum) for ascending the holy 18 steps. This
facility is available only to 1000 pilgrims every hour when
the temple is open.
The bench directed that modulating the proposal for this
system will be carried out as may be instructed by ADGP.
The court also directed that public health and hygiene in
Pamba, Sannidhanam, Erumeli, Nilakkal and other places in
connection with pilgrimage shall be put under strict vigil.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui