HC not to interfere with land assignment probe
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday refused
to interfere with the decision of the state cabinet directing
Vigilance probe into the assignment of land to a relative of
former Chief Minister VS Achutanandan.
Disposing a petition by TK Soman, who is related to the
CPI(M) veteran, challenging the Vigilance probe and
cancellation of assignment of 2.33 acres of land in Kasaragod
district, Justice Antony Dominic said the order of
cancellation of assignment has to be treated as notice.
The court said the petitioner can file his objection to
the proposal of cancellation of assignment within 4 weeks.
The state government can pass fresh orders after
considering objections, the court said.
The government shall not take any action against the
petitioner until then, it added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' transformation is truly commendable! Pics inside
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to meet industry chambers, CAs on black money window
- Lionel Messi retires: List of other Argentine footballers who have followed their captain into retirement
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday