HC not to interfere with land assignment probe
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday refused
to interfere with the decision of the state cabinet directing
Vigilance probe into the assignment of land to a relative of
former Chief Minister VS Achutanandan.
Disposing a petition by TK Soman, who is related to the
CPI(M) veteran, challenging the Vigilance probe and
cancellation of assignment of 2.33 acres of land in Kasaragod
district, Justice Antony Dominic said the order of
cancellation of assignment has to be treated as notice.
The court said the petitioner can file his objection to
the proposal of cancellation of assignment within 4 weeks.
The state government can pass fresh orders after
considering objections, the court said.
The government shall not take any action against the
petitioner until then, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?