HC not to interfere with land assignment probe
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday refused
to interfere with the decision of the state cabinet directing
Vigilance probe into the assignment of land to a relative of
former Chief Minister VS Achutanandan.
Disposing a petition by TK Soman, who is related to the
CPI(M) veteran, challenging the Vigilance probe and
cancellation of assignment of 2.33 acres of land in Kasaragod
district, Justice Antony Dominic said the order of
cancellation of assignment has to be treated as notice.
The court said the petitioner can file his objection to
the proposal of cancellation of assignment within 4 weeks.
The state government can pass fresh orders after
considering objections, the court said.
The government shall not take any action against the
petitioner until then, it added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'