HC notice to Shashi Tharoor on election petition
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday issued notice to Congress leader and former Union Minister Sashi Tharoor on a petition challenging his election from Thiruvananthapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
Justice Bhavadasan, while admitting the election petition filed by S Suresh, Thiruvananthapuram District President of BJP, posted the case to Aug 20 for further consideration.
According to the petitioner, Tharoor had failed to disclose the assets of his wife, the late Sunanda Pushkar in the affidavit and therefore the acceptance of his nomination was improper.
The petitioner also sought to set aside election of Tharoor and declare O Rajagopal, who finished a close second, as elected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket