HC notice to Shashi Tharoor on election petition
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday issued notice to Congress leader and former Union Minister Sashi Tharoor on a petition challenging his election from Thiruvananthapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
Justice Bhavadasan, while admitting the election petition filed by S Suresh, Thiruvananthapuram District President of BJP, posted the case to Aug 20 for further consideration.
According to the petitioner, Tharoor had failed to disclose the assets of his wife, the late Sunanda Pushkar in the affidavit and therefore the acceptance of his nomination was improper.
The petitioner also sought to set aside election of Tharoor and declare O Rajagopal, who finished a close second, as elected.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?