HC notice to Shashi Tharoor on election petition
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday issued notice to Congress leader and former Union Minister Sashi Tharoor on a petition challenging his election from Thiruvananthapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
Justice Bhavadasan, while admitting the election petition filed by S Suresh, Thiruvananthapuram District President of BJP, posted the case to Aug 20 for further consideration.
According to the petitioner, Tharoor had failed to disclose the assets of his wife, the late Sunanda Pushkar in the affidavit and therefore the acceptance of his nomination was improper.
The petitioner also sought to set aside election of Tharoor and declare O Rajagopal, who finished a close second, as elected.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award