HC notice to Shashi Tharoor on election petition
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday issued notice to Congress leader and former Union Minister Sashi Tharoor on a petition challenging his election from Thiruvananthapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
Justice Bhavadasan, while admitting the election petition filed by S Suresh, Thiruvananthapuram District President of BJP, posted the case to Aug 20 for further consideration.
According to the petitioner, Tharoor had failed to disclose the assets of his wife, the late Sunanda Pushkar in the affidavit and therefore the acceptance of his nomination was improper.
The petitioner also sought to set aside election of Tharoor and declare O Rajagopal, who finished a close second, as elected.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur