HC notice to Shashi Tharoor on election petition
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday issued notice to Congress leader and former Union Minister Sashi Tharoor on a petition challenging his election from Thiruvananthapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
Justice Bhavadasan, while admitting the election petition filed by S Suresh, Thiruvananthapuram District President of BJP, posted the case to Aug 20 for further consideration.
According to the petitioner, Tharoor had failed to disclose the assets of his wife, the late Sunanda Pushkar in the affidavit and therefore the acceptance of his nomination was improper.
The petitioner also sought to set aside election of Tharoor and declare O Rajagopal, who finished a close second, as elected.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India