HC orders Rs 5L from PM`s Relief Fund to blast victim`s kin
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday directed payment of Rs five lakh from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund and Rs one lakh from the chief minister`s relief fund to the wife of a man who was killed in a bomb blast in Saudi Arabia in 1985.
The direction was issued by justice B P Ray on a plea for compensation by Margaret D`cruz, wife of the deceased, Wilfred D`cruz.
The Saudi Government had refused to pay compensation as the death was caused due to bomb blast.
The union government had also rejected the plea of compensation following which the petitioner moved the court for Rs 10 lakh compensation from the Ministries of External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs.
When the matter came up for consideration, the court sought the opinion of government for granting compensation.
After due deliberations at higher levels, the central government informed the court that they were prepared to grant compensation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?