HC orders Rs 5L from PM`s Relief Fund to blast victim`s kin
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday directed payment of Rs five lakh from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund and Rs one lakh from the chief minister`s relief fund to the wife of a man who was killed in a bomb blast in Saudi Arabia in 1985.
The direction was issued by justice B P Ray on a plea for compensation by Margaret D`cruz, wife of the deceased, Wilfred D`cruz.
The Saudi Government had refused to pay compensation as the death was caused due to bomb blast.
The union government had also rejected the plea of compensation following which the petitioner moved the court for Rs 10 lakh compensation from the Ministries of External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs.
When the matter came up for consideration, the court sought the opinion of government for granting compensation.
After due deliberations at higher levels, the central government informed the court that they were prepared to grant compensation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof