HC orders Rs 5L from PM`s Relief Fund to blast victim`s kin
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday directed payment of Rs five lakh from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund and Rs one lakh from the chief minister`s relief fund to the wife of a man who was killed in a bomb blast in Saudi Arabia in 1985.
The direction was issued by justice B P Ray on a plea for compensation by Margaret D`cruz, wife of the deceased, Wilfred D`cruz.
The Saudi Government had refused to pay compensation as the death was caused due to bomb blast.
The union government had also rejected the plea of compensation following which the petitioner moved the court for Rs 10 lakh compensation from the Ministries of External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs.
When the matter came up for consideration, the court sought the opinion of government for granting compensation.
After due deliberations at higher levels, the central government informed the court that they were prepared to grant compensation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why