HC orders Rs 5L from PM`s Relief Fund to blast victim`s kin
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday directed payment of Rs five lakh from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund and Rs one lakh from the chief minister`s relief fund to the wife of a man who was killed in a bomb blast in Saudi Arabia in 1985.
The direction was issued by justice B P Ray on a plea for compensation by Margaret D`cruz, wife of the deceased, Wilfred D`cruz.
The Saudi Government had refused to pay compensation as the death was caused due to bomb blast.
The union government had also rejected the plea of compensation following which the petitioner moved the court for Rs 10 lakh compensation from the Ministries of External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs.
When the matter came up for consideration, the court sought the opinion of government for granting compensation.
After due deliberations at higher levels, the central government informed the court that they were prepared to grant compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash