HC orders Rs 5L from PM`s Relief Fund to blast victim`s kin
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday directed payment of Rs five lakh from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund and Rs one lakh from the chief minister`s relief fund to the wife of a man who was killed in a bomb blast in Saudi Arabia in 1985.
The direction was issued by justice B P Ray on a plea for compensation by Margaret D`cruz, wife of the deceased, Wilfred D`cruz.
The Saudi Government had refused to pay compensation as the death was caused due to bomb blast.
The union government had also rejected the plea of compensation following which the petitioner moved the court for Rs 10 lakh compensation from the Ministries of External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs.
When the matter came up for consideration, the court sought the opinion of government for granting compensation.
After due deliberations at higher levels, the central government informed the court that they were prepared to grant compensation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal