HC poser to DG Prosecution regarding attack on Kerala CM
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday asked the Director General of Prosecutions (DGP) if there was any intelligence report related to the attack on Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at Kannur where his motorcade was stoned allegedly by CPI(M) workers recently.
The query was raised by Justice Thomas P Joseph while hearing the bail pleas of four accused, all CPI(M) workers, arrested in connection with the attack on October 27.
Chandy was injured when stones thrown by Marxist workers, hit his car, breaking the window pane. Chandy had suffered minor injuries on his forehead and chest.
The court asked the DGP the details of the intelligence report and whether security personnel were present.
There was a rain of stones on the chief minister`s motorcade, DGP K Asaf Ali told the court. The bail pleas will come up before the court on Tuesday.
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) has been demanding Chandy`s resignation over the Solar Panel scam and organising protests at his official functions.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?