HC poser to DG Prosecution regarding attack on Kerala CM
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday asked the Director General of Prosecutions (DGP) if there was any intelligence report related to the attack on Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at Kannur where his motorcade was stoned allegedly by CPI(M) workers recently.
The query was raised by Justice Thomas P Joseph while hearing the bail pleas of four accused, all CPI(M) workers, arrested in connection with the attack on October 27.
Chandy was injured when stones thrown by Marxist workers, hit his car, breaking the window pane. Chandy had suffered minor injuries on his forehead and chest.
The court asked the DGP the details of the intelligence report and whether security personnel were present.
There was a rain of stones on the chief minister`s motorcade, DGP K Asaf Ali told the court. The bail pleas will come up before the court on Tuesday.
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) has been demanding Chandy`s resignation over the Solar Panel scam and organising protests at his official functions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?