HC seeks expert opinion on opening of Ayyappa tempel
Kochi: Kerala High court today asked the Travancore Devasom Board (TDB), which manages the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala, to seek an expert opinion regarding the opening of the temple throughout the year.
A division bench comprising justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice P Bhavadasan said the opening of the sanctum santorum was seasonal as the temple was situated in the dense forests. Now the situation has changed and hence the possiblity of opening the shrine throughout the year needs to be examined.
The bench also directed the board to get an expert opinion
on the widening of `pathinattam padi` (18 Holy steps to the
Persuant to an earlier direction, the TDB chief engineer
submitted a reprot pointing out that the widening of the holy
steps was against the `vastu ` principles and customs.
The court rejected the contention and directed the board to
seek expert opinion in this regard also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- China supplying nuclear weapons system to Pakistan, poses threat to US, India
- Xiaomi Mi Drone to be launched today; check out teaser video
- US to seek death penalty against accused South Carolina church shooter
- These pretty Bollywood ‘mermaids’ sizzled in the pristine beaches of Goa – Pics inside
- Newly elected AIADMK MLA SM Seenivel passes away, hours before oath-taking ceremony