HC seeks expert opinion on opening of Ayyappa tempel
Kochi: Kerala High court today asked the Travancore Devasom Board (TDB), which manages the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala, to seek an expert opinion regarding the opening of the temple throughout the year.
A division bench comprising justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice P Bhavadasan said the opening of the sanctum santorum was seasonal as the temple was situated in the dense forests. Now the situation has changed and hence the possiblity of opening the shrine throughout the year needs to be examined.
The bench also directed the board to get an expert opinion
on the widening of `pathinattam padi` (18 Holy steps to the
Persuant to an earlier direction, the TDB chief engineer
submitted a reprot pointing out that the widening of the holy
steps was against the `vastu ` principles and customs.
The court rejected the contention and directed the board to
seek expert opinion in this regard also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan