HC seeks expert opinion on opening of Ayyappa tempel
Kochi: Kerala High court today asked the Travancore Devasom Board (TDB), which manages the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala, to seek an expert opinion regarding the opening of the temple throughout the year.
A division bench comprising justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice P Bhavadasan said the opening of the sanctum santorum was seasonal as the temple was situated in the dense forests. Now the situation has changed and hence the possiblity of opening the shrine throughout the year needs to be examined.
The bench also directed the board to get an expert opinion
on the widening of `pathinattam padi` (18 Holy steps to the
Persuant to an earlier direction, the TDB chief engineer
submitted a reprot pointing out that the widening of the holy
steps was against the `vastu ` principles and customs.
The court rejected the contention and directed the board to
seek expert opinion in this regard also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!