HC seeks expert opinion on opening of Ayyappa tempel
Kochi: Kerala High court today asked the Travancore Devasom Board (TDB), which manages the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala, to seek an expert opinion regarding the opening of the temple throughout the year.
A division bench comprising justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice P Bhavadasan said the opening of the sanctum santorum was seasonal as the temple was situated in the dense forests. Now the situation has changed and hence the possiblity of opening the shrine throughout the year needs to be examined.
The bench also directed the board to get an expert opinion
on the widening of `pathinattam padi` (18 Holy steps to the
Persuant to an earlier direction, the TDB chief engineer
submitted a reprot pointing out that the widening of the holy
steps was against the `vastu ` principles and customs.
The court rejected the contention and directed the board to
seek expert opinion in this regard also.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave