HC sets aside Lokayukta findings against ex-Kerala minister
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Wednesday set aside the findings of Lokayukta against former state Transport Minister N Sakthan.
Justice B P Ray, while allowing the petition filed by Sakthan, said the findings of the Lokayukta were untenable.
A complaint had been filed against Sakthan when he was then transport minister during the erstwhile UDF government in 2004-06 over appointment of conductors and drivers in the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation.
Charges of irregularities were also raised in the purchase of tread rubber.
The Lokayukta had prima facie found Sakthan guilty of charges and recommended further action against him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!