HC sets aside Lokayukta findings against ex-Kerala minister
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Wednesday set aside the findings of Lokayukta against former state Transport Minister N Sakthan.
Justice B P Ray, while allowing the petition filed by Sakthan, said the findings of the Lokayukta were untenable.
A complaint had been filed against Sakthan when he was then transport minister during the erstwhile UDF government in 2004-06 over appointment of conductors and drivers in the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation.
Charges of irregularities were also raised in the purchase of tread rubber.
The Lokayukta had prima facie found Sakthan guilty of charges and recommended further action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB