HC sets aside Lokayukta findings against ex-Kerala minister
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Wednesday set aside the findings of Lokayukta against former state Transport Minister N Sakthan.
Justice B P Ray, while allowing the petition filed by Sakthan, said the findings of the Lokayukta were untenable.
A complaint had been filed against Sakthan when he was then transport minister during the erstwhile UDF government in 2004-06 over appointment of conductors and drivers in the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation.
Charges of irregularities were also raised in the purchase of tread rubber.
The Lokayukta had prima facie found Sakthan guilty of charges and recommended further action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief