HC sets aside Lokayukta findings against ex-Kerala minister
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Wednesday set aside the findings of Lokayukta against former state Transport Minister N Sakthan.
Justice B P Ray, while allowing the petition filed by Sakthan, said the findings of the Lokayukta were untenable.
A complaint had been filed against Sakthan when he was then transport minister during the erstwhile UDF government in 2004-06 over appointment of conductors and drivers in the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation.
Charges of irregularities were also raised in the purchase of tread rubber.
The Lokayukta had prima facie found Sakthan guilty of charges and recommended further action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'