HC sets aside Lokayukta findings against ex-Kerala minister
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Wednesday set aside the findings of Lokayukta against former state Transport Minister N Sakthan.
Justice B P Ray, while allowing the petition filed by Sakthan, said the findings of the Lokayukta were untenable.
A complaint had been filed against Sakthan when he was then transport minister during the erstwhile UDF government in 2004-06 over appointment of conductors and drivers in the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation.
Charges of irregularities were also raised in the purchase of tread rubber.
The Lokayukta had prima facie found Sakthan guilty of charges and recommended further action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued