Heavy security for Dalai Lama in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Heavy security has been provided by the state government to Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama who arrived here Friday to attend two religious functions.
The district superintendents of police at all the districts that the Lama will pass through have been asked to ensure that nothing is left to chance as far as security is concerned.
The Dalai Lama is in the state to inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt`s 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala Saturday. He is also the chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations of the Syrian Orthodox Church at Kochi Sunday.
He was received at the airport here by spiritual leaders of the Orthodox Church and also from the Mutt.
At Kochi he will also attend functions organised by the friends of Tibet, besides giving a lecture on `The Art of Happiness`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security