Heavy security for Dalai Lama in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Heavy security has been provided by the state government to Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama who arrived here Friday to attend two religious functions.
The district superintendents of police at all the districts that the Lama will pass through have been asked to ensure that nothing is left to chance as far as security is concerned.
The Dalai Lama is in the state to inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt`s 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala Saturday. He is also the chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations of the Syrian Orthodox Church at Kochi Sunday.
He was received at the airport here by spiritual leaders of the Orthodox Church and also from the Mutt.
At Kochi he will also attend functions organised by the friends of Tibet, besides giving a lecture on `The Art of Happiness`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark
- 17-year-old 'unschooled' Malvika Joshi makes it to MIT
- VVIP chopper scam: Key middleman approaches CBI, says ready to divulge if not arrested by India
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat to launch irrigation scheme SAUNI Yojana today