Heavy security for Dalai Lama in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Heavy security has been provided by the state government to Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama who arrived here Friday to attend two religious functions.
The district superintendents of police at all the districts that the Lama will pass through have been asked to ensure that nothing is left to chance as far as security is concerned.
The Dalai Lama is in the state to inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt`s 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala Saturday. He is also the chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations of the Syrian Orthodox Church at Kochi Sunday.
He was received at the airport here by spiritual leaders of the Orthodox Church and also from the Mutt.
At Kochi he will also attend functions organised by the friends of Tibet, besides giving a lecture on `The Art of Happiness`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'