Heavy security for Dalai Lama in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Heavy security has been provided by the state government to Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama who arrived here Friday to attend two religious functions.
The district superintendents of police at all the districts that the Lama will pass through have been asked to ensure that nothing is left to chance as far as security is concerned.
The Dalai Lama is in the state to inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt`s 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala Saturday. He is also the chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations of the Syrian Orthodox Church at Kochi Sunday.
He was received at the airport here by spiritual leaders of the Orthodox Church and also from the Mutt.
At Kochi he will also attend functions organised by the friends of Tibet, besides giving a lecture on `The Art of Happiness`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!