Heavy security for Dalai Lama in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Heavy security has been provided by the state government to Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama who arrived here Friday to attend two religious functions.
The district superintendents of police at all the districts that the Lama will pass through have been asked to ensure that nothing is left to chance as far as security is concerned.
The Dalai Lama is in the state to inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt`s 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala Saturday. He is also the chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations of the Syrian Orthodox Church at Kochi Sunday.
He was received at the airport here by spiritual leaders of the Orthodox Church and also from the Mutt.
At Kochi he will also attend functions organised by the friends of Tibet, besides giving a lecture on `The Art of Happiness`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video