High alert at Kochi Airport after bomb threat
Kochi:: Police and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel were placed on a state of high alert On Tuesday at Kochi Airport near Nedumbassery following an anonymous call that said a bomb had been planted somewhere in the premises.
The call was received at the Air India office at the airport around 6.45 a.m. No specific area or location was mentioned, airport director AKC Nair was quoted by media, as saying.
So far, nothing has been found by the bomb and dog squads.
Reportedly, the call was made from a BSNL mobile phone. All flights were checked thoroughly and this would continue throughout the day, Nair said. (ANI with inputs)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire