High alert at Kochi Airport after bomb threat
Kochi:: Police and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel were placed on a state of high alert On Tuesday at Kochi Airport near Nedumbassery following an anonymous call that said a bomb had been planted somewhere in the premises.
The call was received at the Air India office at the airport around 6.45 a.m. No specific area or location was mentioned, airport director AKC Nair was quoted by media, as saying.
So far, nothing has been found by the bomb and dog squads.
Reportedly, the call was made from a BSNL mobile phone. All flights were checked thoroughly and this would continue throughout the day, Nair said. (ANI with inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt