High alert at Kochi Airport after bomb threat
Kochi:: Police and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel were placed on a state of high alert On Tuesday at Kochi Airport near Nedumbassery following an anonymous call that said a bomb had been planted somewhere in the premises.
The call was received at the Air India office at the airport around 6.45 a.m. No specific area or location was mentioned, airport director AKC Nair was quoted by media, as saying.
So far, nothing has been found by the bomb and dog squads.
Reportedly, the call was made from a BSNL mobile phone. All flights were checked thoroughly and this would continue throughout the day, Nair said. (ANI with inputs)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics