High alert at Kochi Airport after bomb threat
Kochi:: Police and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel were placed on a state of high alert On Tuesday at Kochi Airport near Nedumbassery following an anonymous call that said a bomb had been planted somewhere in the premises.
The call was received at the Air India office at the airport around 6.45 a.m. No specific area or location was mentioned, airport director AKC Nair was quoted by media, as saying.
So far, nothing has been found by the bomb and dog squads.
Reportedly, the call was made from a BSNL mobile phone. All flights were checked thoroughly and this would continue throughout the day, Nair said. (ANI with inputs)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!