High-level police officials meeting at Kasargod
Kasargod: In the backdrop of the recent murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan and communal clashes in Kasargod, a high-level meeting of police officials attended by Kerala Home Minister, Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan was held here Monday.
Radhakrishnan told reporters that the probe into the RMP leader`s murder was progressing in the right direction and the culprits would be brought to book.
He said police was probing the case with all seriousness, adding there would be no intervention in the investigations.
Among those attended the meeting included Director General of Police Jacob Punnoose and ADGP (Intellegence) TP Senkumar.
Earlier, inaugurating a seminar titled `What is the problem with Kasargod`, organised by Kasargod Press Club, Radhakrishnan said that Government would take stringent steps to contain communal tension.
All attempts should be made to cut the root of communal problems, he said, adding government would take action against those who hinders the normal life of the people.
"Nobody will be allowed to take law into their hands," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees