High-level police officials meeting at Kasargod
Kasargod: In the backdrop of the recent murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan and communal clashes in Kasargod, a high-level meeting of police officials attended by Kerala Home Minister, Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan was held here Monday.
Radhakrishnan told reporters that the probe into the RMP leader`s murder was progressing in the right direction and the culprits would be brought to book.
He said police was probing the case with all seriousness, adding there would be no intervention in the investigations.
Among those attended the meeting included Director General of Police Jacob Punnoose and ADGP (Intellegence) TP Senkumar.
Earlier, inaugurating a seminar titled `What is the problem with Kasargod`, organised by Kasargod Press Club, Radhakrishnan said that Government would take stringent steps to contain communal tension.
All attempts should be made to cut the root of communal problems, he said, adding government would take action against those who hinders the normal life of the people.
"Nobody will be allowed to take law into their hands," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre