Hindu outfits decry CPI(M) stand on temple assets
Thiruvananthapuram: Hindu outfits in Kerala
on Tuesday came down heavily on the CPI(M) for demanding formation
of a state-appointed administrative set-up for Padmanabhaswamy
temple arguing that the invaluable objectives in the vaults
were public assets.
"The temple properties belong to the temple alone. CPI(M)
state secretary Pinaryi Vijayan`s statement on the issue
amounts to insulting the believers," Hindu Aikyavedi leader
Kummanam Rajasekaran said in a statement.
On the suggestion to entrust the temple administration to
a managing committee by freeing it from the trust run by
Travancore royal family, Rajasekharan said such a scenario
would lead to politicisation of the temple affairs.
Hindu organisations would strongly resist any move to
declare the temple properties as public assets since it would
lead to their misappropriation and alienation, he said.
Disclosing CPI(M)`s official stand on the temple issue
for the first time, Vijayan had yesterday suggested formation
of a broad-based managing set-up for the temple on the lines
of the Guruvayur temple managing committee.
He had also said though the party considered the huge
wealth of the temple as public assets, the question of how
they should be handled in future should be addressed through
democratic debate and processes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know