Hoax bomb threat to train
Kozhikode: An anonymous telephone call stating that a bomb has been planted in the Kannur-Ernakulam Inter-City Express turned out to be a hoax on Friday.
Police, fire and rescue force and bomb squad carried out a thorough search of all the compartments of the train after halting at Vadakara station and found no explosives.
As a result, the train was delayed by nearly an hour, police said adding the call was received at Thalassery railway station.
When the train reached Kozhikode, again a search was conducted, railway sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen