Hoax bomb threat to train
Kozhikode: An anonymous telephone call stating that a bomb has been planted in the Kannur-Ernakulam Inter-City Express turned out to be a hoax on Friday.
Police, fire and rescue force and bomb squad carried out a thorough search of all the compartments of the train after halting at Vadakara station and found no explosives.
As a result, the train was delayed by nearly an hour, police said adding the call was received at Thalassery railway station.
When the train reached Kozhikode, again a search was conducted, railway sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site