I am a victim of conspiracy: Madani
Kollam, Kerala: PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani
Thursday claimed he was a victim of "deep-rooted conspiracy" by
his adversaries, including intelligences agencies, to
implicate him in the 2008 Bangalore blasts case.
"What was unfolding now was a well-plotted drama to
re-enact what had happened in the 1998 Coimbatore blast case,"
Madani, who moved an anticipatory bail plea in a Bangalore
court yesterday, told reporters.
In the Coimbatore blast case, the PDP leader had to spent
nearly 10 years in jail before he was acquitted.
"In the Coimbatore blast case, I was arrested in Kerala
and detained in Kannur jail first. I was told by central
intelligence officers that I would be a witness in the case.
Later on, I became the 86th accused but subsequently made the
14th accused," Madani said.
He claimed on the same pattern a move was now on to
implicate him on the basis of "false charges and statements"
purportedly made against him by other accused and witnesses in
There was a reference in the chargesheet that it was he
(Madani) who instigated T Nazir, the prime accused in the
case, to take to extremist path by asking him to read books of
Jihadist proponents like Maududi, Madani said, adding this
was totally baseless as he had never been an ideological
follower of Maududi.
The PDP leader appealed to his followers to maintain
Meanwhile, a PDP delegation led by party working chairman
Poonthura Siraj met Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan to
apprise him of the poor health condition of Madani.
A Bangalore court on Tuesday had issued a non-bailable
warrant against Madani, chargesheeted by Karnataka police in
the July 25, 2008 blasts, which left one dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!