I am a victim of conspiracy: Madani
Kollam, Kerala: PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani
Thursday claimed he was a victim of "deep-rooted conspiracy" by
his adversaries, including intelligences agencies, to
implicate him in the 2008 Bangalore blasts case.
"What was unfolding now was a well-plotted drama to
re-enact what had happened in the 1998 Coimbatore blast case,"
Madani, who moved an anticipatory bail plea in a Bangalore
court yesterday, told reporters.
In the Coimbatore blast case, the PDP leader had to spent
nearly 10 years in jail before he was acquitted.
"In the Coimbatore blast case, I was arrested in Kerala
and detained in Kannur jail first. I was told by central
intelligence officers that I would be a witness in the case.
Later on, I became the 86th accused but subsequently made the
14th accused," Madani said.
He claimed on the same pattern a move was now on to
implicate him on the basis of "false charges and statements"
purportedly made against him by other accused and witnesses in
There was a reference in the chargesheet that it was he
(Madani) who instigated T Nazir, the prime accused in the
case, to take to extremist path by asking him to read books of
Jihadist proponents like Maududi, Madani said, adding this
was totally baseless as he had never been an ideological
follower of Maududi.
The PDP leader appealed to his followers to maintain
Meanwhile, a PDP delegation led by party working chairman
Poonthura Siraj met Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan to
apprise him of the poor health condition of Madani.
A Bangalore court on Tuesday had issued a non-bailable
warrant against Madani, chargesheeted by Karnataka police in
the July 25, 2008 blasts, which left one dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?