I have not said anything against party: Achuthanandan
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M veteran and leader of Opposition in the Kerala Assembly V S Achuthanandan on Sunday clarified that he had not said anything against the party while reacting to a High Court order quashing the FIR against him in a land allotment case.
"Why such a doubt for you (media). I have not made any comments against the party leaders and party," Achuthanandan told reporters here during a brief interaction.
"What I said was the case was the result of a conspiracy between (chief minister) Oommen Chandy and (IUML leader and Industries Minister) P K Kunhalikutty", Achuthanandan said.
While reacting to the court verdict, the 88-year-old leader had said the case was a conspiracy between Chandy and Kunhalikutty to remove him from the post of Opposition leader and install someone in that position.
Achuthanandan`s remark had triggered a political debate in the state. CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had reacted to the statement, saying the post of Opposition leader was decided by the party.
"Why Achuthanandan had said like that, you (media) should ask him," he had said.
The Court had on December 6 quashed the FIR against Achuthanandan in the land allotment case but the relief for the Marxist veteran was short-lived after a larger bench stayed the order.
The case pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting 2.33 acres of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and Achuthanandan`s close relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the LDF ministry in 2006-11.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes
- Euro 2016: Can Iceland emulate Leicester City's fairytale and go all the way?
- NHRC notice to Tamil Nadu over botched eye surgeries