I have not said anything against party: Achuthanandan
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M veteran and leader of Opposition in the Kerala Assembly V S Achuthanandan on Sunday clarified that he had not said anything against the party while reacting to a High Court order quashing the FIR against him in a land allotment case.
"Why such a doubt for you (media). I have not made any comments against the party leaders and party," Achuthanandan told reporters here during a brief interaction.
"What I said was the case was the result of a conspiracy between (chief minister) Oommen Chandy and (IUML leader and Industries Minister) P K Kunhalikutty", Achuthanandan said.
While reacting to the court verdict, the 88-year-old leader had said the case was a conspiracy between Chandy and Kunhalikutty to remove him from the post of Opposition leader and install someone in that position.
Achuthanandan`s remark had triggered a political debate in the state. CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had reacted to the statement, saying the post of Opposition leader was decided by the party.
"Why Achuthanandan had said like that, you (media) should ask him," he had said.
The Court had on December 6 quashed the FIR against Achuthanandan in the land allotment case but the relief for the Marxist veteran was short-lived after a larger bench stayed the order.
The case pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting 2.33 acres of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and Achuthanandan`s close relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the LDF ministry in 2006-11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference