I never got secular parties` support in anti-Modi fight: Ex-DGP Sreekmar
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Gujarat DGP and trenchant critic of BJP leader Narendra Modi, R B Sreekmar on Monday said no mainstream secular political parties had offered him support in his prolonged fight against the Gujarat Chief Minister, fearing they would lose "communalised Hindu votes" if they backed him.
Sreekumar, who was DGP in Gujarat in 2002, said he however would continue his struggle against Modi in connection with the 2002 riot cases, he told a press meet here.
"In my fight, no political party, claiming to be secular, has offered me any help except deep sympathy. They did not help me because of fear of losing the communalised Hindu votes. But I will remain in Gujarat and continue my fight," he said.
Sreekumar, who was in the Intelligence Bureau in Kerala in the ISRO spy case, said it was under Modi`s influence that space scientist Nambi Narayanan came out with the charge that he had been responsible for "implicating" him in the case.
"Modi is a leader who tries to influence voters through mobocracy and mafiocracy. He attacks everyone who opposes him and tries to tarnish their image. He is still targetting the IPS officials including me who gave evidences against him in regard of the Gujarat riot," he said.
Stating that civil movements like AAP could bring about changes in society, Sreekumar said he had no plans to join any political party or civil society group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'