I never got secular parties` support in anti-Modi fight: Ex-DGP Sreekmar
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Gujarat DGP and trenchant critic of BJP leader Narendra Modi, R B Sreekmar on Monday said no mainstream secular political parties had offered him support in his prolonged fight against the Gujarat Chief Minister, fearing they would lose "communalised Hindu votes" if they backed him.
Sreekumar, who was DGP in Gujarat in 2002, said he however would continue his struggle against Modi in connection with the 2002 riot cases, he told a press meet here.
"In my fight, no political party, claiming to be secular, has offered me any help except deep sympathy. They did not help me because of fear of losing the communalised Hindu votes. But I will remain in Gujarat and continue my fight," he said.
Sreekumar, who was in the Intelligence Bureau in Kerala in the ISRO spy case, said it was under Modi`s influence that space scientist Nambi Narayanan came out with the charge that he had been responsible for "implicating" him in the case.
"Modi is a leader who tries to influence voters through mobocracy and mafiocracy. He attacks everyone who opposes him and tries to tarnish their image. He is still targetting the IPS officials including me who gave evidences against him in regard of the Gujarat riot," he said.
Stating that civil movements like AAP could bring about changes in society, Sreekumar said he had no plans to join any political party or civil society group.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’