I will consult lawyers: Achuthanandan
After the initial elation over a single judge`s order quashing the FIR against him in the land-allotment case, former chief minister VS Achuthanandan said he would consult lawyers.
Earlier in the day, the 88-year-old leader had termed the single bench order as `a victory of truth and justice’ and accused the UDF government of acting with political motives.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, however, refuted the charge holding that his government had never interfered in the case with political intentions.
Achuthanandan also had a veiled dig at his detractors in CPI(M), alleging that the case was a conspiracy by Chandy and Indian Union Muslim League leader and Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty to remove him as Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly and install someone else in that position.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain