Ice cream parlour case: SIT files final report
Kochi: The Special Investigation Team, set
up by Kerala government to probe fresh allegations against
Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty in the Ice cream parlour
scandal case, on Monday filed its final report in the High Court.
The report was submitted in a sealed cover before a
division bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjulla Chellur and
Justice PR Ramachandran Menon.
SIT chief Vinson M Paul, Additional DGP (Crime) was also
present in the court.
The probe was ordered by the previous LDF government
headed by VS Achuthanandan following fresh allegations made
by KA Rauf, an estranged relative of Kunahlikutty, who
alleged that the minister had allegedly destroyed evidence and
used money to influence witnesses and fabricate evidence in
the case in 2006.
Two former judges -- Justices K Narayana Kurup and K
Thankappan, former advocate general MK Damodaran, former
state Attorney PC Iype were among those questioned by the
The case, which surfaced during the late 1990s, relates
to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was used
to lure young women into prostitution.
Kunhalikutty, who was a minister in the previous UDF
government, had to quit in 2004 following the allegations. He,
however, did not figure as accused in the case.
Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan had also filed a
petition in the High Court seeking a CBI probe into the case,
which was earlier dismissed by the court.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal asks Modi govt 'What are you waiting for?'