Ice cream parlour case: SIT files final report
Kochi: The Special Investigation Team, set
up by Kerala government to probe fresh allegations against
Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty in the Ice cream parlour
scandal case, on Monday filed its final report in the High Court.
The report was submitted in a sealed cover before a
division bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjulla Chellur and
Justice PR Ramachandran Menon.
SIT chief Vinson M Paul, Additional DGP (Crime) was also
present in the court.
The probe was ordered by the previous LDF government
headed by VS Achuthanandan following fresh allegations made
by KA Rauf, an estranged relative of Kunahlikutty, who
alleged that the minister had allegedly destroyed evidence and
used money to influence witnesses and fabricate evidence in
the case in 2006.
Two former judges -- Justices K Narayana Kurup and K
Thankappan, former advocate general MK Damodaran, former
state Attorney PC Iype were among those questioned by the
The case, which surfaced during the late 1990s, relates
to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was used
to lure young women into prostitution.
Kunhalikutty, who was a minister in the previous UDF
government, had to quit in 2004 following the allegations. He,
however, did not figure as accused in the case.
Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan had also filed a
petition in the High Court seeking a CBI probe into the case,
which was earlier dismissed by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security