Ice cream parlour case: SIT files final report
Kochi: The Special Investigation Team, set
up by Kerala government to probe fresh allegations against
Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty in the Ice cream parlour
scandal case, on Monday filed its final report in the High Court.
The report was submitted in a sealed cover before a
division bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjulla Chellur and
Justice PR Ramachandran Menon.
SIT chief Vinson M Paul, Additional DGP (Crime) was also
present in the court.
The probe was ordered by the previous LDF government
headed by VS Achuthanandan following fresh allegations made
by KA Rauf, an estranged relative of Kunahlikutty, who
alleged that the minister had allegedly destroyed evidence and
used money to influence witnesses and fabricate evidence in
the case in 2006.
Two former judges -- Justices K Narayana Kurup and K
Thankappan, former advocate general MK Damodaran, former
state Attorney PC Iype were among those questioned by the
The case, which surfaced during the late 1990s, relates
to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was used
to lure young women into prostitution.
Kunhalikutty, who was a minister in the previous UDF
government, had to quit in 2004 following the allegations. He,
however, did not figure as accused in the case.
Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan had also filed a
petition in the High Court seeking a CBI probe into the case,
which was earlier dismissed by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow