IGNOU emerges as largest open univ in world
Kochi:: The Indira Gandhi National Open
University (IGNOU) has emerged the largest in the world, with
more than 30 lakh students from 33 countries enrolling
in various course, a top official of IGNOU said today.
Dr K S D Nair, Regional Director, IGNOU Kochi Regional
Centre told reporters here that IGNOU offers more than 330
academic programs with 36,000 academic councillors and
education experts in the concerned departments. "IGNOU has 59
regional centres and 30,000 learner support centres in India
and 52 overseas, making it the largest in the world," he said.
He said the Kochi centre has developed into a significant
educational hub of the region and also become a resource
center for Corporate Training, Teacher Training and other
educational and media programmes.
Gyanvani, the first Educational FM channel of Kerala has
started functioning from IGNOU, Kochi, giving importance to
educational programmes.Malayalam programmes would be broadcast
from this Kendra from April 15, on Vishu festival day, he said.
"Programmes related to various IGNOU courses would be
broadcast, in addition to that of general interest affecting
human life and environment", he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed
- No objection to Rajnath attending SAARC meeting in Pak: Congress
- Punjabi films are Surveen Chawla's first love!- READ
- Rafael Nadal will travel to Rio, but injury situation still delicate: David Ferrer
- Mahasweta Devi – the gutsy social activist who took on political bigwigs for the dispossessed