IGNOU emerges as largest open univ in world
Kochi:: The Indira Gandhi National Open
University (IGNOU) has emerged the largest in the world, with
more than 30 lakh students from 33 countries enrolling
in various course, a top official of IGNOU said today.
Dr K S D Nair, Regional Director, IGNOU Kochi Regional
Centre told reporters here that IGNOU offers more than 330
academic programs with 36,000 academic councillors and
education experts in the concerned departments. "IGNOU has 59
regional centres and 30,000 learner support centres in India
and 52 overseas, making it the largest in the world," he said.
He said the Kochi centre has developed into a significant
educational hub of the region and also become a resource
center for Corporate Training, Teacher Training and other
educational and media programmes.
Gyanvani, the first Educational FM channel of Kerala has
started functioning from IGNOU, Kochi, giving importance to
educational programmes.Malayalam programmes would be broadcast
from this Kendra from April 15, on Vishu festival day, he said.
"Programmes related to various IGNOU courses would be
broadcast, in addition to that of general interest affecting
human life and environment", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand