In its first verdict, spl Kerala HC bench acquits rape victim
Kochi: The special bench in the Kerala High Court, hearing petitions related to sexual assaults and atrocities against women and children, today acquitted the accused in a rape case in its first verdict.
Allowing the appeal of the accused, Sivadasan, against his conviction and sentence of 10 years imprisonment by a lower court, Justice P Bhavadasan held that there was delay in filing the complaint against the accused and holding that the statements of the victim and other witnesses were unbelievable.
The alleged incident occurred in 1994 while the victim had filed the complaint three years later.
The petitioner had challenged the order of Additional Sessions Court in Manjeri which had also slapped a fine of Rs one lakh on him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre