Indian film producer and family found dead in Dubai
Dubai: The decomposed bodies of a south Indian film producer, his wife and daughter have been found in mysterious circumstances in their flat here.
The deceased identified as Santhosh Kumar, who hails from Kerala owns a film production company Souparnika Films and was a co-producer of the hit Malayalam movie `Madambi`, the Khaleej Times reported today.
Family sources said the bodies of Kumar, his wife Manju and daughter Gouri bore multiple stab injuries.
The Dubai Police could not be reached for comments.
It is also learnt that the case is being treated as a suicide pact involving the couple and their daughter.
Some of the acquaintances suspected that Kumar had resorted to the extreme step due to huge financial liabilities. However, the exact reason for the gruesome incident is yet to be ascertained, the daily reported.
Police broke open the door of the flat after a cousin of Kumar complained that nobody could contact the family since Thursday.
"All three bodies were found inside the bedroom. I heard there was no sign of a forced entry into the flat," a family friend was quoted as saying by the daily.
Kumar, who also ran a general trading company here, shifted to Dubai about five years ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi