Indian film producer and family found dead in Dubai
Dubai: The decomposed bodies of a south Indian film producer, his wife and daughter have been found in mysterious circumstances in their flat here.
The deceased identified as Santhosh Kumar, who hails from Kerala owns a film production company Souparnika Films and was a co-producer of the hit Malayalam movie `Madambi`, the Khaleej Times reported today.
Family sources said the bodies of Kumar, his wife Manju and daughter Gouri bore multiple stab injuries.
The Dubai Police could not be reached for comments.
It is also learnt that the case is being treated as a suicide pact involving the couple and their daughter.
Some of the acquaintances suspected that Kumar had resorted to the extreme step due to huge financial liabilities. However, the exact reason for the gruesome incident is yet to be ascertained, the daily reported.
Police broke open the door of the flat after a cousin of Kumar complained that nobody could contact the family since Thursday.
"All three bodies were found inside the bedroom. I heard there was no sign of a forced entry into the flat," a family friend was quoted as saying by the daily.
Kumar, who also ran a general trading company here, shifted to Dubai about five years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?