Indo-Arab cultural forum floated
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to reinforce the centuries old cultural relations between India and the Arab world, a forum has been formed in Kerala at the initiative of political leaders, writers, entreprenuers and NRIs.
The forum, christened as Indo-Arab Cultural Acdemy (IACA), would seek to further strengthen and diversify the long-standing cultural and social ties between India and the Arab world in tune with the changed times and possibilities offered by the prevailing situation.
Congress leader and Lok Sabha member from Kozhikode M K Raghavan was slected as Chairman of the Academy and noted writer B M Suhra its vice-chairperson, an IACA release said on Wednesday.
Noted Malayalam writer Akbar Kakkattil is co-ordinator of the academy.
Eminent writer and MD of leading Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi M P Veerendrakumar and leading entrepreneur and Director of Mathrubhumi P V Gangadharan are among the executive members.
The Academy would promote translations of Arabic literary works into Malayalam and vice-versa. It would also organise cultural exchanges, workshops and launch publications as part of its basic objectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India