Indo-Arab cultural forum floated
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to reinforce the centuries old cultural relations between India and the Arab world, a forum has been formed in Kerala at the initiative of political leaders, writers, entreprenuers and NRIs.
The forum, christened as Indo-Arab Cultural Acdemy (IACA), would seek to further strengthen and diversify the long-standing cultural and social ties between India and the Arab world in tune with the changed times and possibilities offered by the prevailing situation.
Congress leader and Lok Sabha member from Kozhikode M K Raghavan was slected as Chairman of the Academy and noted writer B M Suhra its vice-chairperson, an IACA release said on Wednesday.
Noted Malayalam writer Akbar Kakkattil is co-ordinator of the academy.
Eminent writer and MD of leading Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi M P Veerendrakumar and leading entrepreneur and Director of Mathrubhumi P V Gangadharan are among the executive members.
The Academy would promote translations of Arabic literary works into Malayalam and vice-versa. It would also organise cultural exchanges, workshops and launch publications as part of its basic objectives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan