Infopark supports creating `Stop-Cyber Crime Army` in schools
Kochi: Infopark is playing host to a massive cyber safety awareness campaign as part of which a `Stop-Cyber Crime Army` will be created across all schools under the Department of General Education in the state.
The `Stop Cyber Crime Army`, comprising volunteers of the National Service Scheme, is the brainchild of the Kerala Higher Education Department.
The campaign is supported by Orgpeople India Foundation, the official educational partner of Kerala Education Department, and Avanzo Cyber Security Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Under the campaign, 1,00,000 students are targeted. NSS volunteers in Kerala will be provided special training to conduct cyber safety awareness classes at banks, clubs, libraries and resident associations in their respective areas.
Raycast Technologies, a company being incubated at the NRI-Technology Business Incubator at Infopark, has developed a computer game application for the campaign, using its official mascot `Mr Pointer`.
The `Stop Cyber Crime` game application is aimed at creating awareness about cyber security among all sectors of the society said Abhishek Mohan, CEO, Raycast Technologies. The application was launched at a function organized at Infopark here today.
Kerala Urban Affairs Secretary A P M Mohammed Hanish inaugurated the function.
Infopark Chief Executive Hrishikesh Nair said Infopark would always be at the forefront to promote anti-cyber crime initiatives.
In this digital age, it is a matter of concern that cyber crimes are increasing at an alarming rate in our country. The best way to counter them is by educating society of the risks and vulnerabilities involved in our increased dependency on the Internet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes