International Kite festival gets underway
Belgaum (Kar): Scores of kites of various shapes and colours on Sunday soared to the skies as the International Kite Festival got underway at nearby Nanawadi.
A ship, an anaconda and a tiger, among others, were the kites which enthralled onlookers.
The event witnessed participation of both national and international kite flying teams, including those from the UK, France, Germany, Canada and the Netherlands.
An all-women Indian team also displayed their skills by flying their kites during the event. An all-night kite flying event has also been featured in the programme.
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court