International Kite festival gets underway
Belgaum (Kar): Scores of kites of various shapes and colours on Sunday soared to the skies as the International Kite Festival got underway at nearby Nanawadi.
A ship, an anaconda and a tiger, among others, were the kites which enthralled onlookers.
The event witnessed participation of both national and international kite flying teams, including those from the UK, France, Germany, Canada and the Netherlands.
An all-women Indian team also displayed their skills by flying their kites during the event. An all-night kite flying event has also been featured in the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'