Investigation report submitted to Vigilance
Thiruvananthapuram: The investigation report on the alleged intervention of State Information Commissioner in the land gift case against CPI-M veteran and Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan has been submitted to the Vigilance Director.
`I am not denying it," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said when asked whether the government has received the probe report on the alleged intervention of state information commissioner N Natarajan in the case.
However, he said he had not seen the report.
K Natarajan had allegedly over telephone asked Vigilance DySP VG Kunhan, one of the investigating officers in the case, to spare Achuthanandan. The audio tape of the purported conversation by Natarajan was aired by Malayalam TV channels following which an inquiry was ordered.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting land to TK Soman, an ex-serviceman and his close relative in Kasaragod district when he was the Chief Minister.
Besides Achuthanandan, the then Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Sheela Thomas, Personal Assistant Suresh and former Revenue Minister KP Rajendran are among the accused in the case.
The matter came to light at the fag-end of the previous LDF rule and a Vigilance probe was ordered by the present UDF government.
An FIR has been registered with Achuthanandan as the first accused in a vigilance court at Kozhikode.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users