Investigation report submitted to Vigilance
Thiruvananthapuram: The investigation report on the alleged intervention of State Information Commissioner in the land gift case against CPI-M veteran and Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan has been submitted to the Vigilance Director.
`I am not denying it," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said when asked whether the government has received the probe report on the alleged intervention of state information commissioner N Natarajan in the case.
However, he said he had not seen the report.
K Natarajan had allegedly over telephone asked Vigilance DySP VG Kunhan, one of the investigating officers in the case, to spare Achuthanandan. The audio tape of the purported conversation by Natarajan was aired by Malayalam TV channels following which an inquiry was ordered.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting land to TK Soman, an ex-serviceman and his close relative in Kasaragod district when he was the Chief Minister.
Besides Achuthanandan, the then Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Sheela Thomas, Personal Assistant Suresh and former Revenue Minister KP Rajendran are among the accused in the case.
The matter came to light at the fag-end of the previous LDF rule and a Vigilance probe was ordered by the present UDF government.
An FIR has been registered with Achuthanandan as the first accused in a vigilance court at Kozhikode.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read