Investigation report submitted to Vigilance
Thiruvananthapuram: The investigation report on the alleged intervention of State Information Commissioner in the land gift case against CPI-M veteran and Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan has been submitted to the Vigilance Director.
`I am not denying it," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said when asked whether the government has received the probe report on the alleged intervention of state information commissioner N Natarajan in the case.
However, he said he had not seen the report.
K Natarajan had allegedly over telephone asked Vigilance DySP VG Kunhan, one of the investigating officers in the case, to spare Achuthanandan. The audio tape of the purported conversation by Natarajan was aired by Malayalam TV channels following which an inquiry was ordered.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting land to TK Soman, an ex-serviceman and his close relative in Kasaragod district when he was the Chief Minister.
Besides Achuthanandan, the then Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Sheela Thomas, Personal Assistant Suresh and former Revenue Minister KP Rajendran are among the accused in the case.
The matter came to light at the fag-end of the previous LDF rule and a Vigilance probe was ordered by the present UDF government.
An FIR has been registered with Achuthanandan as the first accused in a vigilance court at Kozhikode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?