Investigations begin into phone tapping allegations
Kottayam: Police have begun investigations into the allegations made by Nair Service Society general secretary G Sukumaran Nair that his phone had been tapped by the intelligence wing of Kerala police.
IGP K Padmakumar visited Sukumaran Nair at Perunna and collected evidence.
"Investigations are on. We had a detailed discussion with the NSS chief," Padmakumar told reporters here.
He, however, refused to give further details.
Nair had also alleged that though he had brought the phone tapping matter to the notice of Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, no step had been taken on his complaint.
The Home Minister had denied the NSS leader`s charge.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days