Investigations begin into phone tapping allegations
Kottayam: Police have begun investigations into the allegations made by Nair Service Society general secretary G Sukumaran Nair that his phone had been tapped by the intelligence wing of Kerala police.
IGP K Padmakumar visited Sukumaran Nair at Perunna and collected evidence.
"Investigations are on. We had a detailed discussion with the NSS chief," Padmakumar told reporters here.
He, however, refused to give further details.
Nair had also alleged that though he had brought the phone tapping matter to the notice of Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, no step had been taken on his complaint.
The Home Minister had denied the NSS leader`s charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj