Issues raised by court will be included in probe: Achuthanandan
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan on Monday said the issue of lack of co-ordination among government departments raised by Kerala High court in the context of the Sabarimala stampede would be brought in the ambit of the proposed judicial probe into the tragedy.
"All these issues would be included in the ambit of judicial probe and the guilty will not be spared", he said when reporters sought his reaction to strong observations made by the division bench of the Kerala High Court.
In a suo moto reference, a division bench of the High Court comprising Justice Thottahthil Radhakrishnan and Justice PS Gopinathan observed that there had been lack of co-ordination among various departments in the arrangements for regulating flow of pilgrims at Sabarimala.
The court also asked the Police and Forest departments and the Trancore Devaswom Board to submit a detailed report on the causes that led to the stampede before January 20.
The Kerala Government had earlier annouced the decision to conduct a judicial probe into the tragedy which claimed 102 lives on Friday last. The chief minister had also said the services of a sitting judge would be sought for conducting the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?