Issues raised by court will be included in probe: Achuthanandan
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan on Monday said the issue of lack of co-ordination among government departments raised by Kerala High court in the context of the Sabarimala stampede would be brought in the ambit of the proposed judicial probe into the tragedy.
"All these issues would be included in the ambit of judicial probe and the guilty will not be spared", he said when reporters sought his reaction to strong observations made by the division bench of the Kerala High Court.
In a suo moto reference, a division bench of the High Court comprising Justice Thottahthil Radhakrishnan and Justice PS Gopinathan observed that there had been lack of co-ordination among various departments in the arrangements for regulating flow of pilgrims at Sabarimala.
The court also asked the Police and Forest departments and the Trancore Devaswom Board to submit a detailed report on the causes that led to the stampede before January 20.
The Kerala Government had earlier annouced the decision to conduct a judicial probe into the tragedy which claimed 102 lives on Friday last. The chief minister had also said the services of a sitting judge would be sought for conducting the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video