Issues will be resolved amicably: Thangal
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League,
a constituent of the ruling Congress-led UDF ministry, on Friday
said the issue of its demand for a fifth ministerial post in
the UDF ministry would be solved amicably.
Speaking to reporters after the IUML leadership meeting at
Panakkad, IUML state president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal
said the meeting discussed the current situation brought about
by its demand for a ministerial berth. "Everything will be
solved amicably`, he said.
Congress and UDF would solve the issue through
discussions, he said.
Prominent IUML leader and Kerala industries minister P K
Kunhalikutty said `everything will be solved. We are not
making any announcements`.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala had told mediapersons at
Kannur yesterday that IUML`s demand for a fifth ministerial
berth would be discussed at the party`s two meetings on April
3 at Thiruvananthapuram and the issue solved amicably after
consultations with the high command.
IUML has been pressing for a fifth berth ever since the
UDF government assumed office. IUML has four ministers - P K
Kunhalikutty, V K Ibrahim Kunju, P K Abdu Rabb and Dr M K
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Here's a docu-fiction on the journey of 'Sultan'! Watch video
- Vodafone tax case: HC allows penalty proceedings to go on
- EU leaders meet without Cameron over Brexit vote
- Gareth Southgate set to become the new England manager on temporary basis
- Jumbo takes flight! Eight key quotes from Anil Kumble's first press conference as India coach