Issues will be resolved amicably: Thangal
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League,
a constituent of the ruling Congress-led UDF ministry, on Friday
said the issue of its demand for a fifth ministerial post in
the UDF ministry would be solved amicably.
Speaking to reporters after the IUML leadership meeting at
Panakkad, IUML state president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal
said the meeting discussed the current situation brought about
by its demand for a ministerial berth. "Everything will be
solved amicably`, he said.
Congress and UDF would solve the issue through
discussions, he said.
Prominent IUML leader and Kerala industries minister P K
Kunhalikutty said `everything will be solved. We are not
making any announcements`.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala had told mediapersons at
Kannur yesterday that IUML`s demand for a fifth ministerial
berth would be discussed at the party`s two meetings on April
3 at Thiruvananthapuram and the issue solved amicably after
consultations with the high command.
IUML has been pressing for a fifth berth ever since the
UDF government assumed office. IUML has four ministers - P K
Kunhalikutty, V K Ibrahim Kunju, P K Abdu Rabb and Dr M K
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump