Issues will be resolved amicably: Thangal
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League,
a constituent of the ruling Congress-led UDF ministry, on Friday
said the issue of its demand for a fifth ministerial post in
the UDF ministry would be solved amicably.
Speaking to reporters after the IUML leadership meeting at
Panakkad, IUML state president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal
said the meeting discussed the current situation brought about
by its demand for a ministerial berth. "Everything will be
solved amicably`, he said.
Congress and UDF would solve the issue through
discussions, he said.
Prominent IUML leader and Kerala industries minister P K
Kunhalikutty said `everything will be solved. We are not
making any announcements`.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala had told mediapersons at
Kannur yesterday that IUML`s demand for a fifth ministerial
berth would be discussed at the party`s two meetings on April
3 at Thiruvananthapuram and the issue solved amicably after
consultations with the high command.
IUML has been pressing for a fifth berth ever since the
UDF government assumed office. IUML has four ministers - P K
Kunhalikutty, V K Ibrahim Kunju, P K Abdu Rabb and Dr M K
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach