Issues will be resolved amicably: Thangal
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League,
a constituent of the ruling Congress-led UDF ministry, on Friday
said the issue of its demand for a fifth ministerial post in
the UDF ministry would be solved amicably.
Speaking to reporters after the IUML leadership meeting at
Panakkad, IUML state president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal
said the meeting discussed the current situation brought about
by its demand for a ministerial berth. "Everything will be
solved amicably`, he said.
Congress and UDF would solve the issue through
discussions, he said.
Prominent IUML leader and Kerala industries minister P K
Kunhalikutty said `everything will be solved. We are not
making any announcements`.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala had told mediapersons at
Kannur yesterday that IUML`s demand for a fifth ministerial
berth would be discussed at the party`s two meetings on April
3 at Thiruvananthapuram and the issue solved amicably after
consultations with the high command.
IUML has been pressing for a fifth berth ever since the
UDF government assumed office. IUML has four ministers - P K
Kunhalikutty, V K Ibrahim Kunju, P K Abdu Rabb and Dr M K
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr