It is for high command to decide on Deputy CM: Oommen Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Even as an agreement has been reached to induct KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala in the cabinet, possibly in the rank of Deputy Chief Minister, a final decision on the matter vexing the state unit for the last few days would be taken by the party high command.
A press note issued from Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s office after his meeting with Chennithala late last night, made it clear that the outcome of the talk was to apprise the high command of the details of the discussion and no firm decision had been arrived at on issues like rank, portfolio and reshuffle of the cabinet.
"It is for the high command to take the final decision on the question of creating the post of Deputy Chief Minister. It is not something to be decided by the Chief Minister," the note, intended to scotch speculations in the media, said.
Also, a consensus has to be worked out among the partners in the UDF before awarding Deputy Chief Minister`s rank to Chennithala although the Congress as well as its allies are keen to break the deadlock over the issue at the earliest.
According to Congress sources, the Chandy camp was not averse to the idea of taking Chennithala into the cabinet and even according him the Deputy Chief Minister`s rank but was against giving him the Home portfolio, now held by Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, a staunch loyalist of the Chief Minister.
As per the formula mooted by them, Chennithala could be given Revenue followed by a reshuffle of portfolios held by Congress nominees in the coalition ministry.
The process would also see a revamp of the KPCC including the installation of a new state unit president to fill the slot left by Chennithala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow