It is for high command to decide on Deputy CM: Oommen Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Even as an agreement has been reached to induct KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala in the cabinet, possibly in the rank of Deputy Chief Minister, a final decision on the matter vexing the state unit for the last few days would be taken by the party high command.
A press note issued from Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s office after his meeting with Chennithala late last night, made it clear that the outcome of the talk was to apprise the high command of the details of the discussion and no firm decision had been arrived at on issues like rank, portfolio and reshuffle of the cabinet.
"It is for the high command to take the final decision on the question of creating the post of Deputy Chief Minister. It is not something to be decided by the Chief Minister," the note, intended to scotch speculations in the media, said.
Also, a consensus has to be worked out among the partners in the UDF before awarding Deputy Chief Minister`s rank to Chennithala although the Congress as well as its allies are keen to break the deadlock over the issue at the earliest.
According to Congress sources, the Chandy camp was not averse to the idea of taking Chennithala into the cabinet and even according him the Deputy Chief Minister`s rank but was against giving him the Home portfolio, now held by Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, a staunch loyalist of the Chief Minister.
As per the formula mooted by them, Chennithala could be given Revenue followed by a reshuffle of portfolios held by Congress nominees in the coalition ministry.
The process would also see a revamp of the KPCC including the installation of a new state unit president to fill the slot left by Chennithala.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials