It is for high command to decide on Deputy CM: Oommen Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Even as an agreement has been reached to induct KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala in the cabinet, possibly in the rank of Deputy Chief Minister, a final decision on the matter vexing the state unit for the last few days would be taken by the party high command.
A press note issued from Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s office after his meeting with Chennithala late last night, made it clear that the outcome of the talk was to apprise the high command of the details of the discussion and no firm decision had been arrived at on issues like rank, portfolio and reshuffle of the cabinet.
"It is for the high command to take the final decision on the question of creating the post of Deputy Chief Minister. It is not something to be decided by the Chief Minister," the note, intended to scotch speculations in the media, said.
Also, a consensus has to be worked out among the partners in the UDF before awarding Deputy Chief Minister`s rank to Chennithala although the Congress as well as its allies are keen to break the deadlock over the issue at the earliest.
According to Congress sources, the Chandy camp was not averse to the idea of taking Chennithala into the cabinet and even according him the Deputy Chief Minister`s rank but was against giving him the Home portfolio, now held by Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, a staunch loyalist of the Chief Minister.
As per the formula mooted by them, Chennithala could be given Revenue followed by a reshuffle of portfolios held by Congress nominees in the coalition ministry.
The process would also see a revamp of the KPCC including the installation of a new state unit president to fill the slot left by Chennithala.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan