It is for high command to decide on Deputy CM: Oommen Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Even as an agreement has been reached to induct KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala in the cabinet, possibly in the rank of Deputy Chief Minister, a final decision on the matter vexing the state unit for the last few days would be taken by the party high command.
A press note issued from Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s office after his meeting with Chennithala late last night, made it clear that the outcome of the talk was to apprise the high command of the details of the discussion and no firm decision had been arrived at on issues like rank, portfolio and reshuffle of the cabinet.
"It is for the high command to take the final decision on the question of creating the post of Deputy Chief Minister. It is not something to be decided by the Chief Minister," the note, intended to scotch speculations in the media, said.
Also, a consensus has to be worked out among the partners in the UDF before awarding Deputy Chief Minister`s rank to Chennithala although the Congress as well as its allies are keen to break the deadlock over the issue at the earliest.
According to Congress sources, the Chandy camp was not averse to the idea of taking Chennithala into the cabinet and even according him the Deputy Chief Minister`s rank but was against giving him the Home portfolio, now held by Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, a staunch loyalist of the Chief Minister.
As per the formula mooted by them, Chennithala could be given Revenue followed by a reshuffle of portfolios held by Congress nominees in the coalition ministry.
The process would also see a revamp of the KPCC including the installation of a new state unit president to fill the slot left by Chennithala.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video