It is for Karna police to decide when to arrest Madani: Min
Kozhikode: Kerala Home Minister Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan on Sunday said it is for Karnataka police to decide
when to arrest PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in
the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts case, as the arrest warrant
is with them.
"The arrest warrant is with Karnataka police and not in the
hands of Kerala police. Kerala police will extend all help to
them to execute it," he said to a query from media persons
after unfurling the tricolour at the Vikram ground here.
He said the situation around Anwarssery in Kollam
district, where Madani is camping, was under control. The
administration had imposed prohibitory orders as they feared
assembly of people would affect law and order, he said.
Tension had prevailed in the area yesterday with police
using teargas to disperse PDP workers.
To a query on the reported Yuva Morcha march, Balakrishnan
said police has the responsibility to maintain law and order.
`Police will intervene if any problem arises,` he said.
A Karnataka police team is camping in the district
with the arrest warrant for the last six days awaiting the
green signal help from state police to execute the order.
The administration imposed prohibitory orders under IPC
Sec 144 and brought the main roads leading to the orphanage
complex at Anwarssery, where Madani is camping, under its
control. The ban orders were enforced in Mainagapally and
nearby Sasthacottah panchyats.
Madhani`s anticipatory bail plea was rejected last week by
the Karnataka High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today