Italian marines case adjourned to September 26
Kollam: A local court on Monday adjourned to September 26 trial in the case connected with shooting to death of two Indian fishermen by two Italian marines from the ship `Enrica Lexie` off Kerala coast in February this year.
District and Sessions Court Judge PD Rajan adjourned the case though defence counsel sought postponement of the trial for four weeks in view of the fact that a connected case was pending in the Supreme Court.
The marines -- Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone -- are the accused in the case.
The marines, engaged for security of the Italian vessel, were arrested on February 19 for allegedly opening fire and killing fishermen Jalestine and Ajesh Binki, who had ventured into the sea from nearby Neendakara in a boat with nine others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players