Italian marines case adjourned to September 26
Kollam: A local court on Monday adjourned to September 26 trial in the case connected with shooting to death of two Indian fishermen by two Italian marines from the ship `Enrica Lexie` off Kerala coast in February this year.
District and Sessions Court Judge PD Rajan adjourned the case though defence counsel sought postponement of the trial for four weeks in view of the fact that a connected case was pending in the Supreme Court.
The marines -- Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone -- are the accused in the case.
The marines, engaged for security of the Italian vessel, were arrested on February 19 for allegedly opening fire and killing fishermen Jalestine and Ajesh Binki, who had ventured into the sea from nearby Neendakara in a boat with nine others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA