Italian marines case adjourned to September 26
Kollam: A local court on Monday adjourned to September 26 trial in the case connected with shooting to death of two Indian fishermen by two Italian marines from the ship `Enrica Lexie` off Kerala coast in February this year.
District and Sessions Court Judge PD Rajan adjourned the case though defence counsel sought postponement of the trial for four weeks in view of the fact that a connected case was pending in the Supreme Court.
The marines -- Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone -- are the accused in the case.
The marines, engaged for security of the Italian vessel, were arrested on February 19 for allegedly opening fire and killing fishermen Jalestine and Ajesh Binki, who had ventured into the sea from nearby Neendakara in a boat with nine others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?