Italian marines to be shifted to Kochi
Thiruvananthapuram: Two Italian marines, lodged in the Central Prison here for allegedly shooting to death two Indian fishermen, would be shifted to Kochi.
This was decided by the state government today in view of the Supreme Court direction to it to take a stand on the plea of the Italian authorities to move the marines away from the Central Prison.
Borstal school, where the two marines will be kept in Kochi, is normally used to lodge delinquent offenders.
State Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan said the government would inform Kerala High Court of its decision when the bail plea of the naval guards come up.
The marines, Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone, have been in judicial remand for the last three months and lodged in the Poojappura Central Prison here.
They have moved the High Court for bail after the district court in Kollam rejected their plea.
The naval guards onboard Italian oil tanker `Enrica Lexie` were arrested on February 19 and charged with murder of fishermen Valentine Jalastine and Ajesh Binki, who took to sea from Neendakara in Kollam, after they fired at them apparently mistaking them for pirates.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read