Italian marines to be shifted to Kochi
Thiruvananthapuram: Two Italian marines, lodged in the Central Prison here for allegedly shooting to death two Indian fishermen, would be shifted to Kochi.
This was decided by the state government on Wednesday in view of the Supreme Court direction to it to take a stand on the plea of the Italian authorities to move the marines away from the Central Prison.
Borstal school, where the two marines will be kept in Kochi, is normally used to lodge delinquent offenders.
They have been in judicial remand for the last three months on charges of shooting to death two Indian fishermen.
State Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan said the government would inform Kerala High Court of its decision when the bail plea of the naval guards come up.
The marines, Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone, have been in judicial remand for the last three months and lodged in the Poojappura Central Prison Thiruvananthapuram.
They have moved the High Court for bail after the district court in Kollam rejected their plea.
The naval guards onboard Italian oil tanker `Enrica Lexie` were arrested on February 19 and charged with murder of fishermen Valentine Jalastine and Ajesh Binki, who took to sea from Neendakara in Kollam, after they fired at them apparently mistaking them for pirates.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside