IUML announces the names for the two pending seats
Malappuram (Kerala): Indian Union Muslim League
(IUML), Kerala unit, on Monday announced the candidates for the
two assembly constituencies, which was kept pending, for the
April 13 state assembly elections.
Former Public Works minister and a senior leader of IUML,
P K K Bava, has been selected to contest from Iravipuram
assembly constituency in Kollam district, while Ashraf Kokkur
will be the candidate for the Guruvayoor assembly
constituency in thrissur district, a IUML release said here.
Kokkur is the Malappuram District IUML Secretary.
Earlier on March 17, IUML State President Panakkad Syed
Hyderali Shihab Thankgal had announced the names of 22
candidates, out of the 24 seats allotted to the party.
Prominent leaders who are in the electoral field
includes former minister and State IUML General Secretary, P K
Kunhalikutty (Vengara), IUML Secretary Dr M K Munir (Kozhikode
South), IUML Secretary Abdu Samadani (Kottackal), former
industries minister, V K Ibrahim Kunju (Kalamassery), Muslim
League Youth President K M Shaji (Azhikode) and Manjalamkuzhi
Ali (Perinthalmanna), the ldf-supported independent MLA, who
had quit the membership and joined IUML.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi