IUML announces the names for the two pending seats
Malappuram (Kerala): Indian Union Muslim League
(IUML), Kerala unit, on Monday announced the candidates for the
two assembly constituencies, which was kept pending, for the
April 13 state assembly elections.
Former Public Works minister and a senior leader of IUML,
P K K Bava, has been selected to contest from Iravipuram
assembly constituency in Kollam district, while Ashraf Kokkur
will be the candidate for the Guruvayoor assembly
constituency in thrissur district, a IUML release said here.
Kokkur is the Malappuram District IUML Secretary.
Earlier on March 17, IUML State President Panakkad Syed
Hyderali Shihab Thankgal had announced the names of 22
candidates, out of the 24 seats allotted to the party.
Prominent leaders who are in the electoral field
includes former minister and State IUML General Secretary, P K
Kunhalikutty (Vengara), IUML Secretary Dr M K Munir (Kozhikode
South), IUML Secretary Abdu Samadani (Kottackal), former
industries minister, V K Ibrahim Kunju (Kalamassery), Muslim
League Youth President K M Shaji (Azhikode) and Manjalamkuzhi
Ali (Perinthalmanna), the ldf-supported independent MLA, who
had quit the membership and joined IUML.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar