IUML announces the names for the two pending seats
Malappuram (Kerala): Indian Union Muslim League
(IUML), Kerala unit, on Monday announced the candidates for the
two assembly constituencies, which was kept pending, for the
April 13 state assembly elections.
Former Public Works minister and a senior leader of IUML,
P K K Bava, has been selected to contest from Iravipuram
assembly constituency in Kollam district, while Ashraf Kokkur
will be the candidate for the Guruvayoor assembly
constituency in thrissur district, a IUML release said here.
Kokkur is the Malappuram District IUML Secretary.
Earlier on March 17, IUML State President Panakkad Syed
Hyderali Shihab Thankgal had announced the names of 22
candidates, out of the 24 seats allotted to the party.
Prominent leaders who are in the electoral field
includes former minister and State IUML General Secretary, P K
Kunhalikutty (Vengara), IUML Secretary Dr M K Munir (Kozhikode
South), IUML Secretary Abdu Samadani (Kottackal), former
industries minister, V K Ibrahim Kunju (Kalamassery), Muslim
League Youth President K M Shaji (Azhikode) and Manjalamkuzhi
Ali (Perinthalmanna), the ldf-supported independent MLA, who
had quit the membership and joined IUML.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?