‘IUML behind killing of DYFI leader during hartal’
Kasargod (Ker): CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday alleged Indian Union Muslim League was behind the killing of a DYFI leader in Kasargod during the state wide hartal called by CPI(M), protesting against the recent arrest of CPI(M) leader P Jayarajan in a murder case.
Speaking to reporters here, he charged the ruling United Democratic Front with targetting CPI(M) for attacks to divert the attention of the people, who are disgusted with the government.
To a query on the killing of DYFI Thekkanam unit President T Manoj, he said it was not necessary that one dies of deep cut injuries. There would be clarity once the post-mortem report comes out, he said.
Vijayan also attended the last rites of Manoj here. Former minister P K Sreemathy and P Karunakaran, MP, accompanied him.
Manoj was killed during the 12-hour hartal called by CPI(M) on Aug 2 to protest the arrest of Jayarajan on August 1 in connection with the murder of an IUML activist in February this year.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat