‘IUML behind killing of DYFI leader during hartal’
Kasargod (Ker): CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday alleged Indian Union Muslim League was behind the killing of a DYFI leader in Kasargod during the state wide hartal called by CPI(M), protesting against the recent arrest of CPI(M) leader P Jayarajan in a murder case.
Speaking to reporters here, he charged the ruling United Democratic Front with targetting CPI(M) for attacks to divert the attention of the people, who are disgusted with the government.
To a query on the killing of DYFI Thekkanam unit President T Manoj, he said it was not necessary that one dies of deep cut injuries. There would be clarity once the post-mortem report comes out, he said.
Vijayan also attended the last rites of Manoj here. Former minister P K Sreemathy and P Karunakaran, MP, accompanied him.
Manoj was killed during the 12-hour hartal called by CPI(M) on Aug 2 to protest the arrest of Jayarajan on August 1 in connection with the murder of an IUML activist in February this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India