IUML is third largest party in Kerala: Kunahalikutty
Thiruvananthapuram: Indian Union Muslim League
a partner in the Congress-led UDF opposition coalition in
Kerala, on Saturday claimed the party has become the third largest
in terms of seats won in the recently held civic polls.
"The results also re-established there is no alternative to
any Muslim political party, other than IUML. Congress got a
total of 7235 seats in the civic bodies, CPI-M 6277 and IUML
1904," Party State General Secretary P K Kunhalikutty told
He said the public in Kerala had rejected the `radical`
ideas of parties like PDP of Abdul Nasser Madani and SDPI, the
political arm of Popular Front of India, allegedly involved in
chooping off the hand of a college lecturer (for preparing a
paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohamed).
Kunhalikutty pointed out that PDP and SDPI could manage
only a few seats in the polls.
On the `drubbing` poor CPI-M led LDF in the hands of UDF,
he said CPI-M politics has become outdated. "The poll outcome
clearly shows that the decline of LDF has started, as in the
case of West Bengal," he said.
An anti-establishment wave and `unholy tie up` with
parties like PDP, SDPI and Jamait E Islami had also
contributed to the LDF defeat in the civic polls, he said.
The myth created by CPI-M that they are the real champions
of minorities was also broken in the last polls, he said and
alleged that the CPI-M had always played the communal card
during elections to get votes.
Making it clear that UDF would not have any post-poll tie
up with any communal parties, Kunhalikutty said poll result
was a recognition to the secular ideas upheld by IUML.
IUML maintains good relation with Congress and party did not
wish for any change in the present political Front, he said.
On BJP`s performance in civic polls, he said the party had
not made any gains, but had performed well only in its
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan