IUML not to have any tie-up with Jamaat-e-Islami
Thiruvananthapuram: Indian Union Muslim League, a
partner in the Opposition Congress-led UDF in Kerala, today
said it would not have any tie-up or seat adjustments with
Jamaat-e-Islami for the coming local body and assembly polls.
`IUML is a party that opposes fascism, so we cannot have
truck with Jamaat-E-Islami", Kunhalikutty told a meet-a-press
programme organised by Kesari Memorial Journalists Trust here.
Reports on talks held between IUML and Jamaat-e-Islami for
a possible tie-up had triggered a controversy with CPI-M-led
LDF accusing the League of "tying to hide radical forces under
IUML used to have talks with Jamaat-e-Islami on matters
regarding religious issues considering it as a religious
organisation. "As Jamaat-e-Islami has decided to float a
`political party`, we have decided to sever all types of
relation with them. Henceforth, we will not consult with then
even as a religious outift`, he said.
On the LDF government`s four-year rule, Kunhalikutty said
it was the most ``inefficient government`` Kerala has
`Cabinet is a confused group which cannot take a decision on
any matter`, Kunhalikutty said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on