IUML not to have any tie-up with Jamaat-e-Islami
Thiruvananthapuram: Indian Union Muslim League, a
partner in the Opposition Congress-led UDF in Kerala, today
said it would not have any tie-up or seat adjustments with
Jamaat-e-Islami for the coming local body and assembly polls.
`IUML is a party that opposes fascism, so we cannot have
truck with Jamaat-E-Islami", Kunhalikutty told a meet-a-press
programme organised by Kesari Memorial Journalists Trust here.
Reports on talks held between IUML and Jamaat-e-Islami for
a possible tie-up had triggered a controversy with CPI-M-led
LDF accusing the League of "tying to hide radical forces under
IUML used to have talks with Jamaat-e-Islami on matters
regarding religious issues considering it as a religious
organisation. "As Jamaat-e-Islami has decided to float a
`political party`, we have decided to sever all types of
relation with them. Henceforth, we will not consult with then
even as a religious outift`, he said.
On the LDF government`s four-year rule, Kunhalikutty said
it was the most ``inefficient government`` Kerala has
`Cabinet is a confused group which cannot take a decision on
any matter`, Kunhalikutty said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic