IUML optimistic of fifth cabinet berth in Kerala
Kozhikode: The IUML was optimistic of getting
a fifth ministerial berth in the Congress-led UDF Government
in Kerala, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
The demand for the fifth ministerial berth remained and the
party was optimistic of getting it. "There is no opposition
(to the demand) from any other front constituent," IUML State
General Secretary Mohammed Bashir told reporters here after
the party Secretariat meeting.
IUML is the second largest partner in the United Democratic
Front and had won 20 seats in the recent assembly elections.
Replying to a question, he said the meeting did not discuss
about the recent Union Cabinet reshuffle.
IUML had expected an elevation to cabinet rank or an
independent portfolio for its nominee E Ahamed, now Minister
of State for External Affairs, in the reshuffle. However,
Ahamed was given additional charge of HRD Ministry.
State IUML President Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal
presided over the meeting attended among others by Kerala
Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty, Education Minister
Abdurab and state General Secretary KPA Majeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today