IUML optimistic of fifth cabinet berth in Kerala
Kozhikode: The IUML was optimistic of getting
a fifth ministerial berth in the Congress-led UDF Government
in Kerala, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
The demand for the fifth ministerial berth remained and the
party was optimistic of getting it. "There is no opposition
(to the demand) from any other front constituent," IUML State
General Secretary Mohammed Bashir told reporters here after
the party Secretariat meeting.
IUML is the second largest partner in the United Democratic
Front and had won 20 seats in the recent assembly elections.
Replying to a question, he said the meeting did not discuss
about the recent Union Cabinet reshuffle.
IUML had expected an elevation to cabinet rank or an
independent portfolio for its nominee E Ahamed, now Minister
of State for External Affairs, in the reshuffle. However,
Ahamed was given additional charge of HRD Ministry.
State IUML President Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal
presided over the meeting attended among others by Kerala
Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty, Education Minister
Abdurab and state General Secretary KPA Majeed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog