IUML president rejects extremism charges
Malappuram: Rejecting charges that the party had links to extremist elements, IUML Kerala unit chief Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal on Saturday the party had been in the forefront of the campaign against terrorism and extremism.
The campaign that extremist elements `are infiltrating into IUML is a conspiracy` hatched by the party`s rivals, he said at a conference of the party`s Malappuram District unit.
Thangal said the party had to "face criticism" for its strong stand against terrorism and extremism, but did not elaborate.
His comments come in the backdrop of the US diplomatic cables leaked by WikiLeaks causing embarassment to the IUML by suggesting divisions in the party over its approach towards extremist outfit National Development Front (NDF).
The whistleblower site revealed that a cable allegedly sent to Washington by the US consulate in Chennai a few years ago quoted IUML leader MK Muneer as having said that party leaders like PK Kunhalikutty "shielded" NDF activists to secure "selfish" interests.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you