IUML rubbishes reports of mulling to quit UDF
Thiruvananthapuram: Indian Union Muslim League, a long-time ally of Congress in Kerala and at the Centre, on Wednesday ruled out any possibility of quitting the ruling UDF, but felt that the coalition should strive to improve itself.
IUML leader and minister PK Kunhalikutty rubbished reports that a section in the party was unhappy with the political and administrative performance of UDF and favoured even exercising the option of switching over to the LDF.
He said "there is no truth" in such speculations.
"These reports have no authority. These are there in themedia only. No IUML leader has ever said anything like that.I can tell you with authority that we are not going to jump over to the other camp (LDF)," Kunhalikutty told reporters.
The leader, however, admitted that when the party state committee met in Kozhikode a few days ago, issues concerning UDF and the need for "improving things" were discussed.
Kunhalikutty said Indian politics was in a "fluid state" and many parties were sitting on the fence.
He, however, refrained from elaborating how his party was going to react to the unfolding scenario.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH