IUML to form election committees for Parliamentary polls
Kozhikode: Indian Union Muslim League, the second largest partner in the Congress-led United Democratic Front Government, Friday said it would form election committees and start working for the coming Parliament election.
Speaking to mediapersons after the state IUML secretariat meeting here, IUML national secretary E T Mohammed Basheer said the party cannnot wait till problems in UDF was settled and so decided to prepare itself for the polls.
IUML would soon start a membership campaign and booth committee formation, he said, adding that the meeting also decided to organise conventions in Malabar region next month.
Basheer regretted that suggestions put forward by IUML to solve the problems within the front, whose performance was very good, had not yielded results.
The meeting also authorised IUML state president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal to take a final decision in this regard.
IUML wants the UDF to unitedly fight the election and for this all connected should be prepared, he said.
On the CPI(M)-led opposition Left Democratic Front`s (LDF)siege of secretariat from Monday over the solar panel scam, Basheer said LDF should withdraw from the agitation.
LDF`s proposed agitation was a challenge thrown on the people, he said.
State IUML president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal, presided.
Among those attended included IUML President and Union minister of state for external affairs E Ahamed, IUML ministers P K Kunhalikutty, P K Abdurab and M K Muneer.
Earlier the July 4 IUML secretariat meeting had urged the state and central congress leadership to settle problems in the front and pointed out that the good work done by the government was not reaching the people due to various hurdles in UDF.
IUML had also pointed to the need for more discussions and said its stand would depend on the outcome of such discussions. It had also expressed concern at the frequent criticism against IUML from within the UDF.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur