IUML to form election committees for Parliamentary polls
Kozhikode: Indian Union Muslim League, the second largest partner in the Congress-led United Democratic Front Government, Friday said it would form election committees and start working for the coming Parliament election.
Speaking to mediapersons after the state IUML secretariat meeting here, IUML national secretary E T Mohammed Basheer said the party cannnot wait till problems in UDF was settled and so decided to prepare itself for the polls.
IUML would soon start a membership campaign and booth committee formation, he said, adding that the meeting also decided to organise conventions in Malabar region next month.
Basheer regretted that suggestions put forward by IUML to solve the problems within the front, whose performance was very good, had not yielded results.
The meeting also authorised IUML state president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal to take a final decision in this regard.
IUML wants the UDF to unitedly fight the election and for this all connected should be prepared, he said.
On the CPI(M)-led opposition Left Democratic Front`s (LDF)siege of secretariat from Monday over the solar panel scam, Basheer said LDF should withdraw from the agitation.
LDF`s proposed agitation was a challenge thrown on the people, he said.
State IUML president Panakkad Hyderali Shihab Thangal, presided.
Among those attended included IUML President and Union minister of state for external affairs E Ahamed, IUML ministers P K Kunhalikutty, P K Abdurab and M K Muneer.
Earlier the July 4 IUML secretariat meeting had urged the state and central congress leadership to settle problems in the front and pointed out that the good work done by the government was not reaching the people due to various hurdles in UDF.
IUML had also pointed to the need for more discussions and said its stand would depend on the outcome of such discussions. It had also expressed concern at the frequent criticism against IUML from within the UDF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27