`IUML won’t oppose CBI probe into Marnad carnage`
Kozhikode: Indian Union Muslim League on Thursday said the party is not against a CBI probe into the Marnad carnage in 2003, in which nine persons were killed.
" We have no objection if the enquiry team continues its probe or there is a CBI enquiry," IUML State General Secretary E T Mohammed Basheer told reporters here after the party`s
State Secretariat meeting.
Union minister of state for home Mullappally Ramachandran had recently said a CBI probe could be ordered into the killings if the state government demanded it.
The leader of the opposition V S Achuthanandan has also been demanding a CBI probe into the carnage.
The IUML meeting also decided to treat as a `closed chapter`, the recent e-mail controversy over a report in a Malayalam daily that police had drawn up a list of prominent
Muslim leaders and cultural personalities for hacking their personal e-mails.
"There is no difference of opinion in the Muslim League that the e-mail issue is a closed chapter, Basheer said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing