`IUML won’t oppose CBI probe into Marnad carnage`
Kozhikode: Indian Union Muslim League on Thursday said the party is not against a CBI probe into the Marnad carnage in 2003, in which nine persons were killed.
" We have no objection if the enquiry team continues its probe or there is a CBI enquiry," IUML State General Secretary E T Mohammed Basheer told reporters here after the party`s
State Secretariat meeting.
Union minister of state for home Mullappally Ramachandran had recently said a CBI probe could be ordered into the killings if the state government demanded it.
The leader of the opposition V S Achuthanandan has also been demanding a CBI probe into the carnage.
The IUML meeting also decided to treat as a `closed chapter`, the recent e-mail controversy over a report in a Malayalam daily that police had drawn up a list of prominent
Muslim leaders and cultural personalities for hacking their personal e-mails.
"There is no difference of opinion in the Muslim League that the e-mail issue is a closed chapter, Basheer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign