Jailed ex-minister gets 10 days` parole
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala
minister R Balakrishna Pillai, imprisoned in a corruption case
two months ago, was on Wednesday granted parole for 10 days.
Coming out of the central prison here Kerala
Congress (B) leader Pillai alleged that he did not even get
the due facilities in jail and blamed Chief Minister and CPI-M
stalwart VS Achuthanandan for it.
Pillai was granted parole for visiting his wife who is
undergoing medical treatment.
"I was not even given the normal facilities.
Achuthanandan is behind that. The situation was better during
the emergency period (when he was detained)," Pillai told
He said his imprisonment would not have affected the
prospects of the Congress-led UDF, in which his party is a
constituent, in the April 13 Assembly polls.
Pillai said he has health problems and has lost five
kg after being was sent to the prison.
The KC(B) leader was lodged in prison on February 18
after the Supreme Court sentenced him and two others in the
case relating to irregularities in awarding contracts for the
Edamalaylar power project when he was power minister in the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened