Jailed former Kerala minister admitted to hospital
Thiruvananthapuram: Former state minister and
Kerala Congress-B leader R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing
one-year imprisonment in a graft case, was admitted to a
private hospital here for heart-related ailments.
The state government allowed the request from Pillai`s
daughter Bindu Balakrishnan that he required urgent treatment
for various ailments he is suffering from for the last few
years. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
Pillai was examined by a cardiologist who recommended a
series of diagnostic tests, the hospital officials said.
76-year-old Pillai was sentenced to one-year imprisonment
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'