Jailed former Kerala minister admitted to hospital
Thiruvananthapuram: Former state minister and
Kerala Congress-B leader R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing
one-year imprisonment in a graft case, was admitted to a
private hospital here for heart-related ailments.
The state government allowed the request from Pillai`s
daughter Bindu Balakrishnan that he required urgent treatment
for various ailments he is suffering from for the last few
years. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
Pillai was examined by a cardiologist who recommended a
series of diagnostic tests, the hospital officials said.
76-year-old Pillai was sentenced to one-year imprisonment
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises