Jailed former Kerala minister admitted to hospital
Thiruvananthapuram: Former state minister and
Kerala Congress-B leader R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing
one-year imprisonment in a graft case, was admitted to a
private hospital here for heart-related ailments.
The state government allowed the request from Pillai`s
daughter Bindu Balakrishnan that he required urgent treatment
for various ailments he is suffering from for the last few
years. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
Pillai was examined by a cardiologist who recommended a
series of diagnostic tests, the hospital officials said.
76-year-old Pillai was sentenced to one-year imprisonment
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why