Jailed former Kerala minister admitted to hospital
Thiruvananthapuram: Former state minister and
Kerala Congress-B leader R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing
one-year imprisonment in a graft case, was admitted to a
private hospital here for heart-related ailments.
The state government allowed the request from Pillai`s
daughter Bindu Balakrishnan that he required urgent treatment
for various ailments he is suffering from for the last few
years. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
Pillai was examined by a cardiologist who recommended a
series of diagnostic tests, the hospital officials said.
76-year-old Pillai was sentenced to one-year imprisonment
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi