Jailed former Kerala minister admitted to hospital
Thiruvananthapuram: Former state minister and
Kerala Congress-B leader R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing
one-year imprisonment in a graft case, was admitted to a
private hospital here for heart-related ailments.
The state government allowed the request from Pillai`s
daughter Bindu Balakrishnan that he required urgent treatment
for various ailments he is suffering from for the last few
years. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
Pillai was examined by a cardiologist who recommended a
series of diagnostic tests, the hospital officials said.
76-year-old Pillai was sentenced to one-year imprisonment
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?