Jamnashtami celebrated in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Janmashtami was celebrated on Sunday across Kerala with traditional religious fervour and spirit.
Heavy rush of devotees was witnessed at major temples including Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple here and Sree Krishna temple at Guruvayur.
`Shobha Yatras`, organised by various Hindu outfits, were also held across the state. A huge crowd of people watched Shobha Yatra held in the state capital.
Children dressed as `Krishna` and `Gopikas` and floats depicting different incidents in the life of Lord Krishna were the highlights of the yatra.
`Uriyadi` was also held at various places as part of the celebrations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India