Jamnashtami celebrated in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Janmashtami was celebrated on Sunday across Kerala with traditional religious fervour and spirit.
Heavy rush of devotees was witnessed at major temples including Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple here and Sree Krishna temple at Guruvayur.
`Shobha Yatras`, organised by various Hindu outfits, were also held across the state. A huge crowd of people watched Shobha Yatra held in the state capital.
Children dressed as `Krishna` and `Gopikas` and floats depicting different incidents in the life of Lord Krishna were the highlights of the yatra.
`Uriyadi` was also held at various places as part of the celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!