Janata Dal in Kerala becomes Socialist Janatha (Democratic)
Thiruvananthpuram: Janata Dal(S) in Kerala led by MP Veerendrakumar, a constituent of the Congress-led UDF, became Socialist Janatha (Democratic) at a special convention held here today, attended by a hundreds of workers and senior leaders.
Projecting itself as a platform to bring together the
Socialists in the country, the political resolution adopted by
the new party said it would strive to build a socialist order
based on the Gandhian ideals and legacies of stalwarts like
Dr Ram Manohar Lohia and Jayprakash Narain.
Democracy, secularism, socialism and social justice would the
four ideological pillars of the party, the resolution said and
would seek to emerge as a mass movement committed to phasing
out the rich-poor divide and exploitation of all kinds, the
party declaration resolution said.
In his address, Veerendrakumar lashed out at the CPI-M and
the LDF rule in the state alleging the party which claimed to
be the champion of the working masses had degenerated
politically and ideologically.
The Government was more concerned to protecting the land
and lottery mafia instead of offering good governance and
ensuring the rule of law as promised during the assemly polls
four years back.
The party`s secretary general K Krishnankutty and vice
presidents Dr Varughese George and Alunkal Davassia moved
For long a partner of the LDF in Kerala, JD (S) faction
led by Veerendrakumar parted ways with the coalition on the
eve of the last Lok Sabha polls after it was denied the
Kozhikode parliament seat.
It had also snapped ties with JD (S) led by forme prime
minister H D Deve Gowda.
The party recently became a component of the UDF.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test