Janata Dal in Kerala becomes Socialist Janatha (Democratic)
Thiruvananthpuram: Janata Dal(S) in Kerala led by MP Veerendrakumar, a constituent of the Congress-led UDF, became Socialist Janatha (Democratic) at a special convention held here today, attended by a hundreds of workers and senior leaders.
Projecting itself as a platform to bring together the
Socialists in the country, the political resolution adopted by
the new party said it would strive to build a socialist order
based on the Gandhian ideals and legacies of stalwarts like
Dr Ram Manohar Lohia and Jayprakash Narain.
Democracy, secularism, socialism and social justice would the
four ideological pillars of the party, the resolution said and
would seek to emerge as a mass movement committed to phasing
out the rich-poor divide and exploitation of all kinds, the
party declaration resolution said.
In his address, Veerendrakumar lashed out at the CPI-M and
the LDF rule in the state alleging the party which claimed to
be the champion of the working masses had degenerated
politically and ideologically.
The Government was more concerned to protecting the land
and lottery mafia instead of offering good governance and
ensuring the rule of law as promised during the assemly polls
four years back.
The party`s secretary general K Krishnankutty and vice
presidents Dr Varughese George and Alunkal Davassia moved
For long a partner of the LDF in Kerala, JD (S) faction
led by Veerendrakumar parted ways with the coalition on the
eve of the last Lok Sabha polls after it was denied the
Kozhikode parliament seat.
It had also snapped ties with JD (S) led by forme prime
minister H D Deve Gowda.
The party recently became a component of the UDF.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation