Journalist attacked by autorickshaw driver in Kerala
Kochi: A journalist of a Malayalam newspaper suffered fractures in both his arms after he was attacked by an autorikshaw driver with an iron rod, police said.
The incident occurred in the heart of the city at around 11.30 PM last night when R Lenin, news editor of `Kerala Kaumudhi` was on his way home after night shift.
The autorikshaw driver demanded Rs 40 for a short trip from M G Road to KSRTC Bus stop, leading to a heated exchange of words.
Lenin got down halfway through and said he would file a complaint with police.
This angered the autorickshaw driver who then used an iron rod to attack the scribe and injured him, police said.
On the basis of his complaint, the driver was arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan